I had a Sunday morning group chat with a bunch of friends who also make a living from the enterprise tech Ecosystem like I do . We were mostly talking about how our world seems to be changing even faster since Covid came along uninvited , and how each of us is coping with us .
After the call, I had a lively discussion with my daughter about Victor Hugo. She is taking an AP course on English Literature in high school and needed examples of famous writers who stood up against the powers that be of their time. So we spoke about Hugo and Napoleon . I chose the example mostly because we had vacationed in Paris last Christmas and she could relate more easily to the stories I told her at that time .
After these two conversations , I did some internet research on Hugo . I can’t help but connect Hugo’s writing to our life in enterprise technology world these days – on how we look at our life and work , how we survive and hopefully thrive , our fears and prayers and so on .
I am sure at least some of you will be amused like I was when the thought came to my mind 🙂
1. Emergencies have always been necessary for progress.
2. Hope is the word which God has written on the brow of every man.
3. It is by the real that we exist; it is by the ideal that we live.
4. Utopia today, flesh and blood tomorrow.
5. There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world, and that is an idea whose time has come.
6. Great perils have this beauty, that they bring to light the fraternity of strangers
7. Be a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings.
8. Be a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings.
9. As the purse is emptied, the heart is filled
10. People do not lack strength; they lack will